Saturday 20 September 2008

Unaware...!

She was feeling intense pain,
When I was about to bloom in the world!
But I was unaware!


Human instinct embraced her in my form,
She smiled with content oozing out;
It was a new life for her!

She had dreams in her eyes that sparkled,
With the sparkle of zestful hope;
To nourish the soul that just woke up to the new world!

My previous home was really cozy,
Protected with her red and vitality;
I cried the moment the Air laid its hand on me.

But a smooth touch sashayed me,
It was a memoir of my old home,
It was her hand but I was unaware.

I mumbled a few strange words,
And heard a happy laughter,
It was she hugging me but I was unaware.

I learnt to wobbly stand on my feet,
But only because of her soft finger,
It was security but I was unaware.

And ouch! I cried…
I bruised me knee- droplets of water were on me;
Not mine- She cried at our common red!

She burnt a candle and left the fire,
No current and an exam on head;
She taught me to win in the battles of life but I was unaware!

With a trophy in my hand,
Cutting through the aisle, I jumped on her lap,
Amazingly, she cried and laughed together!

When I quivered with fear,
Her hand was like a feather on my head,
And was like warm red in my heart.

She sent me to fly here,
Not anticipating she would need my wings,
I was unaware.

I was on my own,
And fine and yes, a winner;
And she was proud of her red.

She was living for me,
To give me what no one could,
But I was unaware!

She was feeling intense pain,
When on the verge of agonized wither,
I was unaware.

“Betu…! I am missing you”
“Deepu… I am missing you”
I was unaware.

She was feeling intense pain,
I saw her in the blues and whites,
I was unaware.

Not letting grief meet me…
Not letting me be aware;
I was unaware!

At last she blinked,
Oh! Did she see me?
I am unaware!!!

She is the beating heart in me,
She is no one but a mother...
The unconditional love about whom I was unaware!



5 comments:

Tanvir Kohli said...

i am speechless....i cant stop reading it.....this is my favorite of all ur works....this is just awesome....its amazing how u can express ur pain in such beautiful words....words fail me...i luv u for this...this is ur best work ...i luv u shail....

Shailja Awasthi said...

Hey... That's your modesty... !!!
Thanks...

Vasundhara Khattry said...

its so heartbreakingly painful...so real dammit...i hold ur hand always shail...love u darling

Shailja Awasthi said...

Thanks buddy...!!! You need not tell me that ...I feel it...!

simarjeet said...

Awesome..can only say this..