Friday 24 October 2008

Happily alive forever...!

A white mist of clouds,
With sparkling gleams of pink,
There I see her night and day,
With raven open or closed- in the sky way!

Her smile has returned,
And so has the pink in the cheek,
The naughty eyes are asking for…
More and more of sweets.

Her dress seems to be never getting old,
The red that was her favourite.
She has put on her footwear
That is beyond minuscule tear.

Her bangles are a sweet music again…
Her moves forever alive…
It’s her new incarnation- so holy and divine;
She is once again alive!

I see her distributing gifts and dishes,
Enjoying the beautifully lit bloom.
The neighbourhood is full of joy,
For she is so pixie and coy!

She peeps out of the kitchen,
With few lamps and candle bits,
Looks at her Heart and tells him,
To be there throughout the din.

Her Heart is elated now.
He knows she has no pains;
She is cured fully-
No scope for melancholic rains.

Infinitely, there she goes away
She seems to me a fairy tale,
Fathoms far is life’s pale
She is living forever in bliss!

I thank her for being here-
Can feel her hand on my brow;
It’s only her touch that makes me feel so free,
So softly palpably with my Eternal Spree.

3 comments:

Anki said...

Was that for yourself? (the poem?)
:)
You must have found ur way to my blog thru Ritu's. :)
It was nice to see someone new at my blog. I have been dormant for quite sometime. I like your writing. Will ocme here more often.

Anki said...

Was that for yourself? (the poem?)
:)
You must have found ur way to my blog thru Ritu's. :)
It was nice to see someone new at my blog. I have been dormant for quite sometime. I like your writing. Will ocme here more often.

Shailja Awasthi said...

No...my mum is no more in this world... I lost her last Dec...Last Diwali, I couldn't meet her - only spoke over the phone!!! This Diwali, I could see her as I saw her every Diwali when I was a kid... So just tried putting it in words!